Internet sensation Saloni Gaur who is popularly known by her pseudonym Nazma Aapi is all set to make her web show debut with ‘Uncommon Sense with Saloni’ from November 6 on Sony Liv. The 20-year-old comedian took to Instagram and shared the news with her fans. She posted a video and wrote, “Jo journey mere Hostel room mein mere mobile par shuru hui thi vo ab apne agle stop par pahuch chuki hai and your love has been a constant in this. Expecting your support as I’m both nervous and excited about my debut web show Uncommon Sense with Saloni.”
Jo journey Hostel room mein mobile par shuru hui thi vo ab agle stop par pahuch chuki hai♥️
Need ur support as I'm both nervous n excited about my 1st web show #UncommonSense with Saloni.
— Saloni Gaur (@salonayyy) November 1, 2020
Here are 10 things to know about Saloni Gaur:
- Saloni Gaur is currently an undergraduate student and is pursuing a bachelor’s in Political Science and Economics from Delhi University. She is famous for making satirical videos on social issues. Gaur largely uses Twitter and Instagram to post these videos.
- Gaur has produced comic videos on the Citizenship Amendment Act, pollution in Delhi and the Union Budget 2020, and many others.
- She uploaded her first video two years back when she had just joined college. In an interview with SheThePeople, she said that, “The first-ever video that I made was about those irritating WhatsApp birthday stories that people would start putting up a month before their friend’s birthday,” for this video she played the character of Pinky Dogra.
- The comedian garnered attention when her video on Delhi pollution went viral on social media.
- Nazma Aapi is one of the most loved characters played by her, in this she enacts an old Muslim woman with an accent. Nazma can be seen satirically commenting on everyday social and political issues and never fails to make the audience laugh.
- Other than this some of her signature characters include Kangana Run-Out, Sasu Maa, Adarsh Bahu, and DU Wali didi.
- Currently, the comedian has 5,35,000 Instagram followers and around 2,34,600 followers on Twitter.
- She told STP that her affinity for comedy developed when she was a child. She said, “We would read comics and we watched The Great Indian Laughter Challenge a lot. That was when the affinity towards comedy developed.” Read more here.
- Saloni Gaur is also a mimicry artist, she started mimicking actress Kangana Ranaut after watching her movie Fashion. Gaur has also mimicked other actresses Sonam Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan.
Arunima Sharma is an intern with SheThePeople.TV