Often known as the wild thing pose, Camatkarasana is the asana of the week for the fitness enthusiast and yogini Malaika Arora. She took to Instagram to share the pose and also how to do it.
Malaika Arora shares a series of asanas weekly and this week it is the wild thing pose known for its shoulder integration power. Arora shared a post on Instagram and wrote, “This weekâ€™s #MalaikasMoveOfTheWeek is Camatkarasana (wild thing pose).”
The Yogasana – Camatkarasana
The wild thing pose is known to be beneficial for the upper back and shoulders. It is also known to open the hip flexors and the front of the legs. Camatkarasana also increases the circulation of blood to the organs.
A step-by-step guide to do Camatkarasana
- Begin with the adho mukha svanasana(downward-facing dog pose). Lift your left leg and start opening your hip towards the ceiling, making sure you bend the left knee. It is imperative to balance out your shoulder at whatever point there is weight-bearing on the roomy, shallow shoulder joint.
- Keep opening the hip and start turning ready of the correct foot. Then, your toes, with the goal that they face the rear of the room. Come into position for a backend.
- Carry the left foot to the floor outwardly of your correct foot.
- Raise your right arm and point it towards the front of the room.
- Stay in this situation for a couple of moments.
- Rehash on the opposite side.
- This asana must be avoided for patients with low Blood pressure.
- Because of the presence of the bending of the back, this asana must be done very carefully.
- In case of an injury in the wrist, shoulder, neck, elbow, and back, do not perform this asana.
- This asana is also not for migraine patients.
- Further, it is always best to consult a doctor while trying a complicated yogasana like this one.
Picture Credits: India.com