Lasagne is possibly one of the oldest varieties of pasta and tastiest as well. This ribbon pasta that originated in Ancient Greece is in the form of wide and flat sheets.
It is a very popular dish in the Italian cuisine that attracts everyone with its rich and delicious flavours and a combination of heavenly ingredients. It is made of layers of cheese, meat, creamy and savoury sauce and of course, pasta. Too many good things in a single dish. Chaotic and mind-blowing.
Simple Pasta Recipes Lasagna : Special Options on Savour It
The classic lasagne is super unhealthy, obviously because of its high cheese and carb contents. And that’s exactly what makes it even more attractive and comforting. A perfect lasagne is layers of deliciously cooked meat packed between lasagne noodles oozing of marinara and bechamel sauce with hot cheese dripping from the edges. A classic food-gasm on a plate.
Lasagne, just like any other pasta, is an easy to make and hassle-free dish. And it is everyone’s favourite making it the best choice for a house party. Just when you think lasagne could not get any better, let me tell you it is easy to serve, store and reheat. So you don’t have to worry about leftovers as well. You should absolutely try out these simple lasagne recipes and you will definitely ask yourselves, “Why didn’t I try this before?” Let’s get started with your new favourite comfort food.
Simple Lasagne Recipes For Your Savoury Cravings
- Clean the chicken well and mix with 1 and a 1/2 tbsp paprika powder, 1 tbsp pepper powder, salt and juice of 1 lime. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and on medium flame, saute the chicken pieces. Cook well for about 15 minutes.
- In another sauce pan, heat water along with some oil. Add 10 Lasagne sheets to boiling water and cook al dente. Strain them and rinse with cold water. Oil the sheets and arrange so that they don’t stick to each other.
- Grease a baking dish and add a bottom layer of pasta. Add a layer of tomato pasta sauce and shredded Mozzarella cheese. Then add a layer of chicken topped with parsley.
- Repeat the layer till you reach the top of the pan. Bake for 7-12 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 170 C until the cheese melts and top layer turns brown.
- Rest for 10 minutes and then cut into squares and serve.
Spinach And Corn Lasagne
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and saute 500 gm of spinach in it. Cook until spinach wilts.
- Now add 1 cup sweet corn, salt and 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a sauce pan and add 6 minced garlic cloves and 1 chopped onions to it. Once onions turn brown, add 2 cup tomato sauce and 1/2 cup fresh cream to the pan.
- Add salt, 2 sprig basil, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp mixed herb and 2 tsp sugar and boil the sauce for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook 6 lasagne sheets al dente and strain them. Arrange and oil them so that they don’t stick.
- Grease a baking pan and the bottom layer of sauce. Then place a lasagne sheet and again a layer of sauce. Then add a layer of spinach and corn mix.
- Repeat up to 3 layers and top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil and bake for 40-45 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 180 C.
- Cut 2 Zucchinis into thin, length wise slices. Arrange these slices in a colander, sprinkle some salt and leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add 1 chopped onion and 1/2 tsp minced garlic and saute.
- Now add 1 and 1/2 cup of pizza-pasta sauce to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tbsp basil, 1 tbsp oregano, black pepper, salt and 1/2 cup crumbled cottage cheese to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now rinse the salt from zucchini and squeeze the water out. Heat oil in a pan and cook zucchini until brown.
- Now start with the layering. In a bowl add the first layer of cooked lasagne pasta (similar to the way you cooked it in the last recipe). Then add a layer of zucchini followed by a layer shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for another 3 layers. Bake for 10-15 minutes in an over pre-heated to 450 F. Garnish with basil and serve hot.
One-Pot Stove Top Lasagne
- Cook 3 tomatoes in 1/4 cup water in a cooker for 2 whistles and let it cool. Once it cools, peel the tomatoes and blend them into a paste.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan. Add 1 chopped onion and 2-3 minced cloves of garlic.
- Saute them and then add the tomato paste, some sugar and salt to taste and 1 sprig dried thyme. Cook for 15 minutes and keep aside.
- In another sauce pan, heat 2 cups water along with 2 tbsp oil. Add 250 gm Lasagne sheets to boiling water and cook al dente. Strain them and rinse with cold water. Oil the sheets and arrange so that they don’t stick to each other.
- Saute 1 sliced green bell pepper, 1 slice yellow bell pepper and 1 cup cut broccoli separately. Season it and keep aside. Now we start layering of lasagne.
- In a non-stick, flat pan, add one layer of sauce, then add a layer of pasta sheets. Add another layer of sauce followed by a layer of vegetables and grated Feta and Mozzarella cheese. Repeat in the same order with the left ingredients.
- Finish till the ingredients get up to the brim of the pan. Make sure that the top layer is of sauce, vegetables and cheese. Cover with lid and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes.
Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a wok and saute 4 minced garlic cloves in it.
- Now add 1 chopped onion, 200 gm button mushrooms (sliced), 1 finely chopped red bell pepper, 2 small chopped carrots, 1 sliced zucchini and fry them for 10 minutes until they are tender. Then add basil and keep aside.
- In a bowl, whisk bechamel sauce (as needed), 100 ml tomato pasta sauce and 100 ml cream together.
- Grease a baking pan and add the first layer of pasta sauce mix. Then add a layer of lasagne sheet. Here we use the lasagne sheets that don’t need pre-cooking.
- Then add another layer of sauce. Add a layer of roasted vegetables followed by cottage cheese and shredded Mozzarella. Cover with a lasagne sheet.
- Repeat the same for 2 more times. Top the lasagne with shredded Mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil and bake for 45 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 180 C. Serve after 5 minutes of cooking.
If you still think that you might do a mistake while cooking, don’t worry we got you covered. For the ones trying these simple lasagne recipes for the first time, here are some tips to avoid doing any mistakes while cooking.
Life is full of problems and the last thing you want is to miss out on the good things that come easy. So get your apron and treat yourself with a delicious lasagne paired up with an acidic red wine because you deserve it.
Suggested Reading :