Who is Safeena Husain? Filmmaker Hansal Mehta has taken to his social media to announce that he married his longtime partner Safeena Hussain in an intimate ceremony. Celebrities from B-town have been congratulating the couple on the same.
Hansal Mehta a filmmaker well-known for his films such as Shahid and Aligarh and the series Scam 1992, took to his social media today to share the news of his marriage to Safeena Husain. The filmmaker has reportedly tied the knot in Taj Campton Place, San Francisco, the US in an intimate ceremony.
“So after 17 years, two children, watching our sons growing up and chasing our respective dreams we decided to get hitched. As always in life this was also impromptu and unplanned” his posts stated. He also added-“Our vows however were truthful and but for this little ceremony they would never have been said. Ultimately love prevails over all else. And it has.”
Who Is Safeena Husain? Mehta and Hussain Get Hitched In An Intimate ceremony.
This marks Mehta’s second marriage as he was previously married to Sunita Mehta. He shares two sons with his ex wife-Jay and Pallava. Following the news announced in the post, many B-town actors and filmmakers including Vishal Bhardwaj, Anubhav Sinha, Rajkummar Rao, Manoj Bajpayee, and Pratik Gandhi have come forward congratulating the couple. Curious to know who Safeena Hussain, now wife of Hansal Mehta is? Here are all the Details.
- Safeena Husain, a social worker, is the daughter of the veteran actor late Yusuf Husain and hails from Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Safeena completed her education, receiving a degree from the London School of Economics.
- She is a well-known Social Worker, Educator, Spokesperson, Executive Director & Founder of Educate Girls, a non-profit organization since 2007.
- In their 17-year-long relationship, Hansal Mehta and Safeena Husain are already parents to two daughters — Kimaya and Rehana.
- Under Safeena’s guidance, the nonprofit organization has worked towards the empowerment and education of girls even in the remotest villages.
- Safeena through Educate Girls has reportedly successfully enrolled,950,000+ girls to date, impacting over 11.5 million+ beneficiaries.
- Soon after her education, Safeena worked with disadvantaged communities in South America, Africa, and Asia, and helped with providing them with better conditions of living.
- In India, she has continuously made efforts to bridge the gender gap in education through her organization, before returning to India, achieving a major global milestone – the world’s first Development Impact Bond in education.
- She has been revolutionary in social work, in the fields of providing better living conditions for deprived communities, Covid impact relief kits during the pandemic, better education for girls, etc.
- Safeena Husain has many accolades to her credit, including the 2017 NITI Aayog’s Women Transforming India Award, and the 2016 NDTV-L’Oréal Paris Women of Worth Award.
Suggested Reading: Why Are Female Celebrities Often Pestered Over Their Plans To “Settle Down”?
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.