Singer Sapna Choudhary has been booked by the police for alleged misappropriation of funds, cheating, and criminal conspiracy. The FIR at Delhi police has been filed after receiving a complaint by Pawan Chawla, the director of P&M Movies.
This firm is engaged in the business of celebrity management and events and claims it was in a contract with the Haryanvi singer.
Here are seven things to know about Sapna Choudhary
- Sapna Choudhary was born to a middle-class Jat family in Haryana. But currently, she is living in Delhi.
- Her father passed away when she was only 12-years-old. Being the elder sister, the responsibility of her family and her sister, Megha Choudhary fell into Sapna's hands.
- The financial pressure urged her to start dancing and singing. She has done several dance performances in stage shows as well as is a Haryanvi singer.
- Choudhary got married to a singer, Veer Sahu in January 2020 and has a son now. In 2019, she joined BJP at the party’s membership drive in Delhi after which she was actively involved in campaigns.
- Started as a dancer at the age of 12, she formed an orchestra group named Arkestra Group later. One of her popular songs is 'Solid Body.'
- She was a leading contestant in the famous reality show, Bigg Boss Season 11 from 2017.
- Sapna Choudhary made her Bollywood debut as a lead actress in the 2019 movie titled 'Dosti Ke Side Effects.' Her other Bollywood endeavours include item dance sequences in the movies 'Veere Di Wedding' and 'Nanu Ki Janu'.
- The singer-dancer had previously got into a couple of controversies. In 2016, Choudhary was accused of insulting a particular caste with a song she sang at a stage show. Further, during her Bigg Boss journey, a suicide note written by the singer went viral. It is alleged that she had attempted to commit suicide because of depression.
Picture credit: The Economic Times