The Netflix series Bombay Begum will be premiering on March 8, 2021. The show will revolve around 5 women from different socio-economic backgrounds as they fight for survival in Bombay. The show will explore how Pooja Bhatt’s character Rani’s life becomes intertwined with the lives of the four other women. Plabita Borthakur will be playing Ayesha, a woman working at Rani’s office trying to make her way up the corporate ladder through any means necessary.
Who is Bombay Begum’s Plabita Borthakur?
- Plabita Borthakur, born on June 17, 1992, is an actor, singer, and artist from Assam.
- She has two older sisters, Parineeta and Priyangi who are also working in the film industry.
- Her debut was made in PK in a blink and miss role where she played Anushka Sharma’s character’s sister.
- Plabita Borthakur played Rehana Abidi in the movie Lipstick Under My Burkha.
- She received positive reviews regarding her performance in Lipstick Under My Burkha.
- Plabita was nominated for the Most Promising Newcomer – Female award from the Star Screens Awards for her role in Lipstick Under My Burkha.
- She also played a role in the Zee5 web series
- The critically acclaimed web series Breathe: Into the Shadows on Amazon Prime Videos also features her playing Meghna Verma.
- She will also be starring in the upcoming film Doosra, which will explore how cricket changed India through the point of view of a young girl.
- Plabita will be playing one of the five leads in the upcoming Netflix show, Bombay Begums.
Bombay Begums is a new web series from Netflix reflecting on the lives of different women and what it takes for them to survive in a cut throat world. It brings together their realities, challenges and insecurities through their journey.