Tina Desai is a model and actor who has worked in Indian and International movies and TV shows. She starred in the Amazon Prime Video special Mumbai Diaries 26/11 as Ananya Ghosh.
She made her acting debut in 2011 with Yeh Faasley and was later seen in the Hollywood film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel . It was her debut in Hollywood.
Here's everything we know about Tina Desai:
- Desai first stepped in the limelight through her participation in the reality show Get Gorgeous and won a contract with Elite Model Indian Management and has featured in over 100 commercials and has posed for the 2012 Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar.
- She has starred in The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Sense 8, Table No. 21, 'Good luck' and has voiced the character of Ashima in the Thomas & Friends film The Great Race, and some of the episodes of seasons 22, 23 & 24 of Thomas and Friends.
- In her recent works, Desai starred in Mumbai Diaries 26/11 ,the Amazon Prime Video web series directed by Nikkhil Advani and an Emmay Entertainment production, along with Mohit Raina and Konkona Sen Sharma in the lead roles. She described her role as ">Ananya Ghosh as a character that is going to stay with her forever.
- Speaking to SheThePeople her preparation for the role she said they tried to keep everything original as it was a very sensitive subject for people.
- She referred to a book that contained exhaustive accounts of the dreadful incident, covering all the angles which helped her prepare for the role along with YouTube and TED talks.
- When asked about the reactions to her work in the web series, she mentioned that the scene where has a panic attack after literally having witnessed death, received a lot of critical acclaim.
- She said that she prefers roles which have active contribution to the plot and loves playing the role of strong women who has got spine and can deal with crises head on.
- She was raised in an environment where she never felt discriminated against which may subconsciously contribute to her choice of roles. She also enjoys roles where the character is wicked and slightly twisted.
- The actor said says that she was always called a “toothpick” or a “matchstick” due to her petite size but it doesn’t bother her because, "I am physically fit and strong. Nothing has ever affected me cause I know I can do stuff and I have done stuff beyond that."
- Desai is set to appear in the crime thriller film Bob Biswas directed by Diya Annapurna Ghosh and produced by Red Chillies Entertainment.
Feature Image credit: Tina Desai
Watch Viral Video Now: