Women-Centric Patriotic Movies: Indian Cinema has a laudable list of patriotic movies which were not just blockbusters but managed to instill the spirit of patriotism in the minds of all.
Such movies inspire young people to become nation builders and infuse respect for the nation and its freedom fighters. If nothing else, it's a walk back through the struggles of people who have helped India find its identity. Through movies, a lot of forgotten and untold stories have come into the limelight.
There were many women who have played major roles in gaining independence, in wars, and also in making the country proud through their achievements. Celebrate this republic day by watching some of the best women-led patriotic movies that will surely give you an essence of patriotism and bravery while highlighting the struggles of women.
Here is a list of the best women-centric patriotic movies that have broken the ice of male heroism:
1. Raazi: "Watan ke aage kuch bhi nahi. Khud bhi nahi" a dialogue that was more than enough to give us an essence of patriotism and bravery. Alia Bhatt can be seen playing the lead role as a girl named Sehmat who marries a Pakistani man as an Indian female spy during the Indo-Pak war of 1971.
The movie shows how Sehmat sacrifices everything for the sake of the nation in order to provide important information to India. Meghna Gulzar's Raazi has all the Bollywood elements in it with an abundance of patriotic feels.
Watch this movie to know an untold story of a woman who has struggled and given up a lot for India and its citizens, with her bravery and courage she has saved the country.
2. Manikarnika : The movie is a retelling of saga of Rani Lakshmi Bai. The movie shows that there are still many movies still to be told that will lift the silence on the stories of bravery and struggles of women for a free India.
Kangana Ranaut who is seen playing the role of Rani Lakshmi Bai has done justice to the role. The is sprinkled with numerous beautiful, well-written dialogues that hit you at the right spot and evoked that patriot in you.
The film will ensure that you feel like you are part of the struggles of independence. The visually appealing film will also inspire you to be a strong independent woman despite the struggles you are facing.
3. Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl: The movie showcased how a woman can play a crucial role in the time of war despite many hurdles and people trying to bring her down. A fierce Air Force Officer, the first Indian female pilot in combat is truly an inspiring movie.
Gunjan Saxena has to go through a lot of hardships but she develops her skills patiently until she is called upon to unleash her powers in battle.
The movie discusses both the topics of nationalism and feminism together which makes it rather interesting. A must-watch movie for all patriots out there who are being curbed due to the unfair treatment of society.
4. Mary Kom: The movie is about MC Mary Kom, who fought through all the odds to win medals and bring laurel to the country. It even highlighted the struggle of women to juggle between household and professional responsibility when they wish to serve the country in any manner.
Who doesn't feel proud of our country when we win a medal? There is this patriotic feeling that one feels when an Indian wins a medal in Olympics or any event and we see the Indian flag waving.
Mary Kom is a movie that is a must watch as it will make you feel proud and respectful to the sportswomen who have had to struggle so much to won medals for India and made the country proud.
5. Neerja: A story that is very close to the heart of every India. The movie is a biopic of Neerja Bhanot, a young Indian girl who sacrificed her life while saving 359 passengers in her Pan Am flight was hijacked by the terrorists in 1986.
The film is guaranteed to take you on an emotional roller coaster ride. It will make you applaud the courage of a young girl who was so brave to give up her life for the sake of the passengers in the flight.
You will feel an immense amount of anger towards the evil terrorists but it will make you feel love towards your country and will help you understand the significance of the small roles that have been played by certain people in protecting the citizens of the country in times of need.
Views expressed are author's own. By no means is this an exhaustive list, so add more to this list in the comments section of our FB page
Suggested Reading : 15 New Movies And Series To Choose From