Makers of Dikkiloona released its long-awaited trailer on August 21 and the revealed that the film is touted for an OTT release on September 10. Here are ten things you should know.
The trailer of the Tamil comedy film that seemingly deals with science-fiction and revolves around a time machine was released earlier this month. The second trailer was released on August 28.
Ten things to know about the comedy-thriller Dikkiloona.
- Actor Santhanam can be seen portraying one of the lead roles in the movie. His character will be named Mani.
- The release of the movie is dated September 10, coinciding with the celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi. Initially, it was scheduled for an earlier release but was postponed owing to the COVID-19 situation in the country.
- Director Karthik Yogi tweeted, “Finally the wait is over,” along with a poster of the film. The movie is produced by KJR Studios.
- The movie also stars former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh. The film will be Singh’s debut in the film industry as well as the Kollywood industry.
- Apart from Singh and Santhanam, the movie also stars Anandraj, Munishkanth and Mottai Rajendran in supporting roles.
- Shirin Kanchwala plays the female protagonist Meghna in the movie in the role of Santhanam’s love interest.
- Reportedly, the title was inspired by the word Dikkilona which was first used by Goundamani and Senthil in the action film Gentleman released in 1993.
- Dikkiloona marks Santhanam’s first film featuring him in triple roles.
- The movie will be releasing in Tamil.
- Makers announced after a prolonged delay due to the COVID-19 situation in the country that the film will be releasing on the online OTT platform, ZEE5 Premium.
Watch the full trailer here:
Maaplai Mani, EB Mani & Hockey Mani together present the new Trailer of #Dikkiloona ⌛
Catch it on @ZEE5Tamil #DikkiloonaFromSep10 😃https://t.co/ibhzcxUHYM#DikkiloonaTrailer @thisisysr @karthikyogitw @kjr_studios @SoldiersFactory @sinish_s
— Santhanam (@iamsanthanam) August 28, 2021