Shabaash Mithu is the biopic of the Indian Women’s Cricket team captain Mithali Raj. Actor Tapsee Pannu will portray the role of the Padma Shree awardee before and beyond the cricket ground.
If the Omicron cases are reduced, the film is hoping for theatre release on February 4, 2022. Before the film comes on the floor, here are 10 things that you should know about the sports biography.
10 Things To Know About Biopic Shabaash Mithu:
- Two of the major event related to the film happened on Mithali Raj’s birthday, that is, December 3. The film was finalised on December 3, 2019, and the release date was announced on December 3, 2021.
- Tapsee Pannu, who plays the role of the ace Indian cricketer, trained under Nooshin Al Khadeer, a former cricketer and a friend of Mithali.
- The film was earlier being directed by Rahul Dholakia but the schedules were postponed due to pandemic. Since Dholakia had other commitments, he had to back off and the direction was taken over by Srijit Mukherjee in June 2021.
- The shoot was wrapped on November 9, 2021. The scenes were shot in real locations like the Lord’s Cricket Ground in London. These were the locations that held important and special place in Mithali’s life.
- The movie is produced by Viacom18 Pictures, written by Priya Aven and also stars Vijay Raaz in pivotal role.
- Tapsee has always been a sports enthusiast and she was thrilled to play the role of Mithali Raj on screen. The actor finds the achievements of the Khel Ratan cricketer inspiring and although she was a little nervous about playing the role of such an achiever, she was also proud and happy to do so.
- Mithali Raj was once asked about who she wanted to play her role in her biopic and her answer was Priyanka Chopra as she thought that their personalities matched. But she left everything in the hands of the experts in casting and Tapsee Pannu joined aboard.
- This is the second film in which Taapsee has portrayed the role of a sportsperson. She had previously played the role of a track and field athlete, Rashmi who was subject to gender testing in the film Rashmi Rocket.
- Tapsee shared her pictures from training on Instagram. The actor is seen sweating and practicing hard for the role of the phenomenal cricketer.
- On Women’s Day last year, that is March 8, 2021, Viacom18 studios uploaded a video of Mithali and Tapsee on YouTube where, the two aces of sports and film industry respectfully, shared an inspiring message to all the girls out there to follow their dreams fearlessly.
Suggested Readings: Shabaash Mithu: Witness Taapsee Pannu’s Transformation Into Mithali Raj