Balika Vadhu Season 2: The first look of the new season of the much-awaited Indian serial is out. Fans are getting nostalgic and all set to witness a “new Anandi” with a new Balika Vadhu story. Here’s all you need to know
The longest-running Indian television serial on Colors TV is back with a new season. First aired in the year 2008, the serial defied social norms by talking about key issues like child marriage and evil Indian wedding rituals during its time. To take this journey ahead, a new Anandi will be born to raise more questions and speak up against stereotypes. Or so claims the teaser of the new season.
Here are Eight Things To Know About Balika Vadhu Season 2:
- The teaser of the Indian drama was released on June 27, the same shows a toddler playing around in a Rajasthani attire. She is assumed to be the new Anandi of the season.
- The theme music of the soap is played in the background, creating a nostalgic environment for viewers.
- The shooting of the new season was kickstarted last week in Rajasthan.
- The cast includes Shreya Patel, Vansh Sayani, Ketki Dave, Seema Mishra, Riddhi Nayak Shukla, Anshul Trivedi and Supriya Shukla, among others.
- After a short time, the setting will move to Mumbai and a set is already being erected there.
- According to a report by the Indian Express, the soul of the project would be resembling the original, it will be set in current times.
- The makers will also address the changing societal norms and how it affects the younger generation.
- The previous season was divided into two phases, Kacchi umar ke pakke rishte and Lamhe pyaar ke. The new season is expected to follow the same.
Watch the teaser here:
Baal vivaah wo kupratha hai jo aaj bhi samaaj mein jeevit hai! Isko mitaane ke liye janm liya hai ek nayi Anandi, ek nayi Balika Vadhu ne.
— ColorsTV (@ColorsTV) June 27, 2021