Gauahar Khan and Zaid Darbar have finally announced their wedding date. The couple will tie the knot on December 25. They took to social media today to announce the news. Gauahar and Zaid got engaged on November 5 and since then their fans have been waiting anxiously for the couple to announce their wedding date.
Sharing adorable pre-wedding pictures, Gauahar made the big announcement through an Instagram post, with a caption “#25thDec2020 (sic).”
Here are 10 things to know about the wedding.
- The third picture of the post where the couple announced their wedding is a text post which gives details about their wedding. It reveals that they will have an intimate ceremony involving just their families owing to the novel coronavirus pandemic. “Keeping the current scenario in mind, we will be celebrating the big day with our family in an intimate ceremony. We seek your blessings & love & are eternally grateful for the constant support and the outpour of warm wishes we have received.”
- The wedding venue is ITC Maratha in Mumbai before which the couple is expected to fly to Pune for a royal pre-wedding photoshoot.
- Gauahar and Zaid announced their engagement on November 5 by sharing a cute picture of themselves. In the picture, the actress is seen holding a huge balloon that has ‘She said yes’ written on it.
- Khan and Darbar met during a TikTok collaboration video. They soon became really close friends and started dating earlier this year. While the couple was silent about their relationship, their social media posts hinted otherwise.
- Zaid Darbar is Bollywood composer Ismail Darbar’s son. He is a choreographer and a social media star with more than 400k followers on Instagram.
- Gauahar Khan has appeared in the films like Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year , Ishaqzaade, Fever and Begum Jaan. She also participated in the third season of dance-based reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa. Khan is the winner of Bigg Boss 7 and was recently seen as a senior contestant in Bigg Boss 14.
- In Big Boss 7, Gauahar Khan had fallen in love with Kushal Tandon. Their dramatic relationship had made the headlines back then. Although their relationship didn’t last long, the two remain good friends to date. Tandon congratulated her on her upcoming wedding and said he was happy for her.
- Talking about the wedding Gauahar Khan’s father-in-law, Ismail Darbar had earlier said, “Since I am a father, it is obvious that I would bring a daughter-in-law too. Gone are those days when parents would look for a daughter-in-law, now our children just say ‘daddy, I like this girl,’ and we have to listen to them and support their choice. So, I don’t have any problem with my son and daughter-in-law. My children aren’t that much open with me. If Zaid comes and tells me that he wants to get married, then I will get them married.”
- The actress can be seen talking adorably about her partner in various occasions. Recently she revealed that what she loves the most about Zaid is that she can be a goof ball with him. “I can be a goofball with him and also find the maturity and balance in the relationship. The age difference isn’t much and it doesn’t bother me”.
- Ever since the couple got engaged, they are seen displaying a lot of PDA. On their recent vacation to Dubai, they shared adorable pictures with each other on their respective Instagram profiles. Zaid posted a photo of themselves, in which Dubai’s Ferris wheel was also visible in the background, and wrote: “Hi Dubai … I’m back but this time with my Humsafar.”