Jacqueline Fernandez and Saif Ali Khan starrer horror-comedy film Bhoot Police has been confirmed to get an OTT release.
The film was previously set to release in September in cinemas. However, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the makers of the film had to go for a digital release of the film. Posting a poster of the film on social media, the makers and actors of the film have announced the digital release of the film.
The producer of the film Ramesh Taurani spoke to ETimes in an interview and said that the theatres might not open before November this year, and even when they do, only 50 per cent capacity will be allowed in the cinema halls. Due to this reason, he had no other option than to release the film digitally.
Here are 10 things we know about Jacqueline Fernandez and Saif Ali Khan starrer Bhoot Police:
1. The film will release on the OTT platform Disney+ Hotstar.
2. Bhoot Police was previously set to release in the cinemas but will now have a digital release due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. The film is directed by Pavan Kirpalani and is produced by Ramesh Taurani and Akshai Puri under the banners of TIPS Industries LTD & 12th Street Entertainment.
4. Actor Jacqueline Fernandez announced about the digital release of the film on her Twitter handle writing, “Don’t fear the paranormal and feel ‘Saif’ with VIBHOOTI. #BhootPolice Coming soon on @DisneyplusHSVIP.”
5. The producer of the film Ramesh Taurani also shared that the film will premiere on OTT instead of getting a cinematic release.
6. The film stars Saif Ali Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Yami Gautam, and Arjun Kapoor in main roles.
7. The supporting cast of the film includes Javed Jaffrey, Alexx O’Nell, and Jamie Lever.
8. The shooting of the film started in November 2020.
9. Bhoot Police has been shot in Himachal Pradesh and Jaisalmer, as per reports.
10. No information about the release date of the film and the characters have been released yet.