Gloria Steinem Quotes to Empower the feminist within us : She is known to be a ‘rock star’ feminist always on the move, raising funds, hosting charity events, talking with people about women’s movements and inspiring the young.
Her commentary on gender equality is now well documented around the world. Â She was born in Toledo, Ohio, on March 25, 1934, during the height of the global depression, when the world spun into a poor economic cycle. Growing up Gloria Steinem spent two years in India on a Chester Bowles Fellowship and during that period she wrote for Indian publications, and was influenced by Gandhi. If you are a person who believes in feminism, it’s likely you have read something or the other by Gloria Steinem. Packed with determination, power and inspiration, here’s a look at rules that Gloria Steinem lives by.
- We are becoming the men we wanted to marry
- We are the women our parents warned us against, and we are proud.
- A feminist is anyone who recognises the equality and full humanity of women and men.
- Once we give up searching for approval we often find it easier to earn respect.
- A liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and a job after.
- I myself cried when I got angry, then became unable to explain why I was angry in the first place. Later I would discover this was endemic among female human beings. Anger is supposed to be “unfeminine” so we suppress it -until it overflows.
- Women are always saying,”We can do anything that men can do.” But Men should be saying,”We can do anything that women can do.”
- Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.
- Women have two choices: Either she’s a feminist or a masochist.