How to register on CoWIN? Get step-by-step directions as registration opens online for those aged 18 and above. Citizens in this age group will be able to get COVID-19 vaccine jabs May 1 onwards.
In what the government is calling the largest vaccination drive in the world, India’s adult youth will be eligible for inoculation the coming month. Soon as vaccine registrations for persons aged 18 and above opened on the CoWIN portal at 4 pm, Wednesday, many reported either a crash or lag on the website.
With vaccination being held up as one of the foremost counter-forces against the pandemic in India in present time, as the country desperately grapples with a deadly second wave, registrations for the same seem to be high in number. Our COVID-19 coverage here.
The vaccination drive was rolled out in phases when it began January 16, accessible first to frontline workers, senior citizens and then those over 45 years. Government data claims vaccine coverage of over 14.78 crore people, with daily doses administered totalling 25 lakh.
Here Is How To Register On CoWIN For Your Vaccine Jab:
1. Visit the CoWIN portal at cowin.gov.in
2. Click on register/sign in. (Buttons on top right corner.)
3. Enter your mobile number and wait for OTP sent to your phone.
4. Enter OTP on the website and click ‘verify.’ A ‘Register for Vaccination’ page will appear.
5. Add required details (name, gender, birth year, photo ID). Click on ‘register.’
6. Schedule your appointment from the given options beside applicant’s name.
7. Enter your pin code and ‘search’ to see nearby vaccination centres.
8. Confirm your time and date for vaccination.
9. Note that vaccination can be rescheduled through CoWIN as well.
India is currently vaccinating citizens with a supply of Covaxin and Covishield. Russia’s Sputnik V has been approved for emergency use and was reportedly set to arrive in India May 1. More on vaccines here.