A Safe and Secured Internet Is Good for All
As we all know, the internet is our basic need in day-to-day life. It has become a part of our daily needs, and it has also made our life easier and quicker. Every invention comes with both the aspects, the good and bad. On one hand, the internet has facilitated our life with so many services and information, namely, online payments, bank transfers, shopping, education and so on, on the other hand, we can also see how these services and facilities are misused, that leads an individual’s life to miseries.
Today, we have reached a level where every single person uses the internet to communicate, but we all somewhere lack the guidance as to how to use it in a healthy way. We should know the required security level while using the internet, to protect ourselves from being victims later.
Internet security is not only concern to women, it’s about all of us who use the internet in any possible way.
We, as internet users, must keep certain things into knowledge while using the net, so that we are able to make healthy use of services.
We should keep these major points in mind while using the net:
- Use authorized browsers, e.g Google chrome, UC browser etc.
- Do not save passwords for any sites and browsers.
- Change your passwords frequently.
- Do not share personal information on social sites.
- Maintain security by going through the settings while using any website.
- Make sure any shared information on social sites are not public.
- Do not hesitate to report unauthorized identity you come across.
- Before downloading/opening anything, make sure you know the sender.
- Make sure about the identity before making any transfer/payment.
- Do not trust blindly on information available on the internet.
Internet is a big platform, we should know to use it properly and safely.
Also Read: Let Us Create Safer Internet For Women
Monalisha Jain is a student of ARCH College of design, Jaipur and this effort is a part of Google India and SheThePeople initiative Digital Trust Dialogues across colleges in India.