Sandeep Ray was born off the Straits of Malacca, on the edge of a rubber plantation. Educated in India and in the United States, he began his career as a film-maker, travelling widely and producing award-winning documentaries. His last feature-length film, The Sound of Old Rooms, screened at several international festivals and won the Grand Prize at the Taiwan International Film Festival. He currently lives in Singapore where he teaches Southeast Asian history. He explores woven pasts in A Flutter in the Colony, his first novel.
AWARD SECTION 2017
In the news
Get our best delivered to your inbox
LAST YEAR, THIS TIME
Kristen Bell: Snow White Sends A Wrong Message Of ConsentOctober 18, 2018
- My Book Had To Have Women’s Voices: Manreet Sodhi Someshwar
- In India, Over 87,090 Women Die Every Year Due To Breast Cancer
- Touch And Feel Your Breasts, They’re Just A Part Of Your Body
- Veerjeet Kaur Once Lifted Sacks Of Wheat, Now Lifts Weightlifting Gold
- 20 Hour Flights Coming For Us, Are We Ready For Them?