Who is Torah Bright? The Australian professional snowboarder received backlash for sharing a partially nude breastfeeding photo on social media on Mother’s Day.
Torah Bright posted a series of images with her son and one of them featured her breastfeeding while doing a handstand. While fans and athletes praised her and were supportive, she received backlash and was criticised as a mother by some.
Bright responded to the backlash via Instagram story. She said that reading the negative comments made her “sad” and added that “We all do it differently. It is not wrong or right. Motherhood is pure.”
Who Is Torah Bright?
- The professional snowboarder Torah Bright has won Olympic gold medals and silver medals. Her older brother Ben, who is also a professional snowboarder was her coach. Rowena, her older sister, competed in the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Bright was the runner up for the World Cup title during the 2003-04 season and finished 30th overall at the 2005 World Championships.
- She entered three World Cup events in the 2004-05 season and qualified for the Australian Olympic team. In 2006, she won a silver medal at the Winter X Games and won the gold medal the next year. She became the first Australian snowboarder to win a gold medal at the Winter X Games.
- Bright was the flagbearer for Australia for the 2010 Winter Olympics at Vancouver and she also won the gold medal in the women’s halfpipe event.
- In the 2014 Winter Olympics at Sochi, Bright became the first Olympic athlete to qualify for all of the snowboarding disciplines, slopestyle, halfpipe, and boarder-cross. She finished 7th in the women’s slopestyle event and 15th in the border-cross event. Bright won the silver medal in the women’s halfpipe event.