K Uma Maheshwari, daughter of Telugu superstar and former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh NT Rama Rao, passed away on Monday at her home in Jubilee Hills. She was 57 years old.
According to reports, Uma Maheshwari was suffering from an undisclosed illness for some months now and had been receiving treatment for the same. Her body was reportedly found hanging from her bedroom’s ceiling fan on Monday, which was then moved by the Jubilee Hills police for an autopsy. An investigation into the death has been opened since it didn’t occur due to natural causes.
Who was Uma Maheshwari?
- Kanthamaneni Uma Maheswari, the daughter of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister NT Rama Rao, was discovered dead on Monday at her residence in Hyderabad.
- Police have opened an investigation into the death and have filed a case under IPC section 174. Her body has been transferred to Osmania Hospital for an autopsy. According to investigators, she committed suicide as a result of stress and illness.
- “Uma Maheshwari committed suicide in her residence at Jubilee hills on Monday. Uma Maheshwari is former CM and TDP Party founder NTR’s younger daughter,” stated M Sudarshan, Assistant Commissioner of Police.
- At noon, Maheshwari shut herself in her room and did not come out for lunch. Her daughter Deekshitha phoned Jubilee Hills Police at around 2.45 PM when she didn’t answer, and the officers discovered her hanged in her room. Her family members, including her brother Nandamuri BalaKrishna, sister-in-law N Chandrababu Naidu, and nephew N Lokesh, hurried to the Osmania mortuary.
- She was the youngest of the TDP founder’s 12 children. She has three older sisters Nara Bhuwaneswari, the wife of TDP leader and former CM N Chandrababu Naidu, and former Union Minister and BJP leader Daggubati Purandeswari. Three of NTR’s sons have already passed away.
- Uma Maheswari had two daughters, one of whom resides out of India.