Radhika Apte in OK Computer: Sci-Fi is a genre that doesn’t have many takers in Hindi entertainment industry. Perhaps the failure of projects like Love Story 2050, Aa Dekhein Zara, Mr X and RaOne has been a big deterrent for the industry. However, with the evolution of OTT, entertainers are slowly finding their path in this niche space.
In September last year, we saw the release of Cargo, starring Vikrant Massey and Shweta Tripathi. And now March 2021, will see the release of web series OK Computer, featuring Radhika Apte and Vijay Verma. The trailer for this series directed by Anand Gandhi was launched on March 9, 2021. So what is this series about?
Here are 5 things we need to know about Radhika Apte’s Ok Computer:
1. OK Computer is touted to be India’s first-ever science fiction comedy series.
2. Apart from Radhika Apte and Vijay Verma, the series also features Jackie Shroff in a key role.
3. This six-part series, directed by Anand Gandhi, is set in 2031 and depicts a near future in which AI (artificial intelligence) plays a crucial role in the day to day lives of humans. In the year 2031, a self-driving taxi collides with a human pedestrian in Goa. OK Computer explores humanity’s relationship with technology in near future.
4. Speaking about the concept of the series, Gandhi said, “Here’s a thought worth chewing on: We are closer to 2030 than we are to 2010. OK Computer is an attempt to imagine a world of our near-future together, and laugh out loud while we are at it. The show asks one of the biggest questions of this century – if AI commits a crime, who should be culpable?”
5. The series will start airing on Disney+Hotstar from March 26.
Radhika Apte was last year seen in the Netflix film Raat Akeli Hai, while Vijay Varma appeared in Mirzapur 2 in a double role.
Check out the trailer of Ok Computer here:
Image Credit: YouTube screenshot