Centre for Policy Research appoints Yamini Aiyar as President & Chief Executive
The governing board of the Centre for Policy Research (CPR) has announced the selection of Yamini Aiyar as the new President and Chief Executive of the CPR. She will be replacing President Pratap Mehta, who had headed CPR for 13 years.
Know more about the lady who is renowned for her leadership skills and integrity
- Yamini Aiyar studied a BA in Philosophy at St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. She has an MA in Social and Political Science from the University of Cambridge, and an MSc in Development Science from London School of Economics.
- A TED fellow, she is also the founding member of the International Experts Panel of the Open Government Partnership.
- She has also been a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Council on Good Governance.
- Currently, a Senior Research Fellow at CPR, Yamini Aiyar has worked with the World Bank and the Ford Foundation in the past.
Her research on social accountability, elementary education, decentralisation and administrative reforms has received both academic and popular recognition.
- She has significant publications to her credit, and has widely contributed to the public debate.
- At CPR, she is the woman behind the Accountability Initiative launched in 2008. Furthermore, under her leadership, the Accountability Initiative pioneered a new approach of tracking public expenditures for social policy programmes including the country’s largest expenditure-tracking survey in elementary education.
- She will be assuming the responsibility of the new office from September 1, 2017.
SheThePeople.Tv congratulates her for her selection as the CPR’s President and Chief Executive. And we wish her luck for a successful stint.
Pic credits: Shades of Green