T.V. Mohandas Pai, ex-CFO of Infosys and now a mentor to several leading start-ups joined Shethepeople.Tv in a live discussion on Twitter, to share his thoughts on why #EveryWomanIsALeader. Binjal Shah selects his best words of wisdom on what lies ahead for the woman leader, and how she must break out of her shell and reach for more.
1. “Yes, all mothers are natural leaders except most confine themselves, imagine if not. #EveryWomanIsALeader“
Mother’s Day may be over, but Mohandas Pai is not prepared to stop appreciating them yet. In this subtle musing, he lauds the inherent knack of a woman to lead, especially when she becomes a mother and steers the life of a family into good health and well-being. This is the most underrated skill of a mother, and they fail to realize that they are born to lead.
2. “Women naturally are concerned about communities and people, always put people and their well-being first. #EveryWomanIsALeader “
3. “The ability of a women to determine control over her body will determine her future.#EveryWomanIsALeader“
The biggest enemies of women sometimes are they, themselves. Layers and layers of conditioning tell a woman that her life is not her own. It is only when she believes that the authority of her decisions about her body, career and life belong to her alone, that she will attain her true potential.
4. “Create more funds focused on women entrepreneurs. #EveryWomanIsALeader“
A more tangible solution, and a call for action. Reports have shown a finding gap between male and female entrepreneurs, which is a huge factor hindering women from starting their own ventures and becoming leaders. This gap should be bridged, by creating a poll of funds with schemes for women entrepreneurs to encourage them take the big leap.
5. “Internet has been the most liberating phenomenon for women, the world at her finger tips. #EveryWomanIsALeader”
This is an expert prediction, and has been reiterated by various analysts. While the digital storm is gender agnostic and will benefit everyone when it hits, women especially stand to gain as the barriers that only they experience will disintegrate. Her ideas may flow unrestrictedly, and her voice shall get a global stage.
Image Courtesy: Indian Express