Many of us have a sweet tooth. Let’s accept the fact that resisting a donut is not that easy (certainly not for me) without realizing (in the spur of the moment) that the extra added sugar in the diet can damage us in many ways . Here are a few way in which sugar can harm us so worth eliminating artificial sugar in our meals and cheat meals.
1) It causes premature ageing: When a higher amount of sugar is consumed on every day basis it hits the blood stream and attaches itself to the proteins. These new molecular structures contribute to the loss of elasticity found in ageing body tissues, which cause skin sagging to various organs and the arteries. The more sugar circulating in your blood, the more the damage it causes.
2) Causes tooth decay: The reason why our parents didn’t allow us to eat chocolates was tooth decay. we even though it does basic damage but then to a small start can lead to big problems. It creates decay more efficiently than any other food substance. So the next time make sure you avoid chocolates.
3) Obesity: Fitness is key. Who doesn’t like to be fit? The higher the intake of sugar the higher the chances of putting on weight. Don’t forget to cut down the excess of sugar when you are trying to lose those extra kilos .
4) Wrinkle on Skin: Excess of sugar can lead to your skin wrinkling as it damages the structure of collagen, which normally helps in maintaining a balanced skin structure.
5) Sugar dehydrates : Dehydration is a common way to get a headache and sugar can lead to dehydration. Eating too much sugar pulls water out of your body and leads to dilution and even loss of water from the body. When you eat too much sugar, your body has to dilute that sugar to keep it from harming your body.
6) Sugar increases the risk of diabetes and heart disease : Many studies have shown that the more high-glycemic foods including foods containing sugar, a person consumes, the higher his risk for becoming obese and for developing diabetes and heart disease. So be careful when it comes to sugar intake.
7) Sugar is an addictive substance. We often hear people saying that they need deserts or something sweet on daily biases, that’s where sugar addiction comes in. And often we don’t even realise we are truly ‘addicted.’ The cravings only get satisfied when the body gets that amount of sugar. That doesn’t really mean the body needs it. It’s an obsession instead.
8) Tenses up blood vessels: Added sugars cause excess insulin in the bloodstream, which takes its toll on your body’s blood circulation system. The high insulin levels cause the muscle cells around blood vessel to grow faster than normal, This leads to tense artery systems which ultimately could lead to heart attack.
A balance diet is what is needed in this fast forward life, grabbing a donut or a coffee on the go is a very common thing without realizing the amount of sugar content in them, Make sure that the amount of sugar you take in is burned .