Who Is Magdalena Andersson: Sweden’s Parliament will be electing 54-year-old Magdalena Andersson as the country’s Prime Minister on 24 November. With this, she will script history by becoming the country’s first female Prime Minister.
Here’s everything you want to know about Magdalena Andersson
- She was born on 23 January 1967.
- Andersson is a Swedish Social Democratic politician.
- She has been the leader of the Social Democratic Party since November 2021.
- She also holds another position of responsibility. She is the Minister for Finance since October 2014 under Prime Minister Stefan Löfven.
- She will formally take office upon being approved by the Riksdag. Stefan Lofven resigned on November 10 after seven years as prime minister. She will be replacing him.
- Till now, all other Nordic countries like Norway, Denmark, Finland and Iceland had women led governments. Sweden will also have one once she is elected as the Prime Minister.
- Interestingly, she has been a former junior swimming champion also.
- She said she wanted to take back democratic control of schools, healthcare and elderly care.
- She also said she will work towards making Sweden a worldwide role model in climate transition. She has resolved to end the segregation, shootings and bombings that have plagued the country in recent years.