Ten Things To Know About Lady Don Basheeran
Delhi Police recently arrested a lady don named Basheeran, whose family is believed to be involved in several crimes in and around Sangam Vihar. The 62-year-old woman is wanted in 113 criminal cases, including murder. Police arrested her from Sangam Vihar on August 17.
Here are ten things you must know about this lady don:
1. Everyone addresses Basheeran as “Mummy” in the area. She is absconding for the past seven months. Shockingly, this senior citizen is an accused in 113 criminal cases.
2. She is a resident of Agra and moved to Delhi with her husband, in the 1980s. They took shelter at Navjeevan Camp in South Delhi’s Govindpuri area.
3. The couple started selling illicit liquor for survival. This is how they made an entry into the world of crime.
4. Basheeran, over the years, became an undefeated criminal in the capital with constant help from her eight sons.
5. She got heavily involved in murder, extortion and land-grabbing. She also engages in black-marketing of water
6. The authorities have even accused her of taking contracts to kill people. This gangster has been on the run since January after the police found her involvement in youth’s murder last year.
7. Basheeran is a wanted criminal in connection with the murder of a man named Miraj on September 17, 2017, as per reports. Reportedly, her three close aides drugged Miraz, took him to the forest and strangled him with a belt.
8. DCP South, Romil Baniya, announced that the lady don has been an active criminal for the past 16 years. The woman not only led her own children into the world of crime but also made several minors addicted to drugs and making them members of her gang.
9. Basheeran also dominates a majority of decisions in her area. One such decision is who gets the government water supply in the area. She takes charge of fixing the rate per hour.
10. On Friday, she came to Sangam Vihar to meet her family members. That’s when the police caught her. Four members of the lady don’s family are on the run. Two members are in jail while three are out on bail.
Picture Credit: Catch News