Sunny Leone Is PETA’s Person Of The Year
The industry may be dancing to Sunny Leone’s groovy number Laila O Laila from Raees but the star has a different reason to celebrate the year’s end. The bold and beautiful actress recently added another feather to her cap as Sunny will soon receive PETA‘s person of the year award as an avid pet lover who is known for her dedication to promoting the rescue of homeless dogs and cats, as well as her compassion for animals abused and killed for their skin.
The campaigner for PETA, Sunny earlier started in an ad campaign, featured by the organisation, to encourage people to “be an angel” and adopt a homeless dog.
“Sunny Leone’s kindness proves she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. PETA is calling on people everywhere to follow her compassionate example,” Sachin Bangera from PETA told TOI.
“It’s your right as a woman to follow your dreams and it’s your responsibility to make sthem come true”
Sunny Leone’s Bollywood career began after her stint in Indian TV show, BigBoss. So with this another achievement in the pocket, Sunny has been steadily rising as one of the prominent stars in Bollywood. Also, with her previous fierce moves of shutting up haters and learning to ignore societal creepy behaviour makes her a no-nonsense woman.
Here are some things to know about Sunny Leone:
- Sunny was named the most searched Indian actor on Google in the last decade in July this year. She was also the most searched celebrity on Google for 2016.
- Karenjit Kaur Vohra aka Sunny Leone was studying to be a paediatric nurse before she joined the adult film industry at 19. And, her first job was at a German bakery, Jiffy Lube.
- She used to play with a women’s soccer league team in California.
- Her pictures as Penthouse Pet of the month for March 2001 made her the first Indian/South Asian model to be in the magazine.
“No boy was interested in me until I was 18”
In an interview with Zoom, the actress said, “I was a very academic student in college, but until college, I was an average student. But I knew business and I was fond of marketing, and all kind of geeky stuff. I was a nerd in my teenage years and didn’t have a lot of friends. I also knew how to edit videos, do photoshop and lot of other things that a lot of 18 or 19-year olds don’t do… No boy was interested in me until I was 18.”
- Your favourite star is frightened of insects and bugs of any sort and is said to have a sort of phobia about them.
“At the beginning of my career (as an adult entertainer in 2001), I used to get a lot of hate mails from the Indian community all over the world. They would call me a disgrace to our culture and women at large and call me all sorts of names.”
- The actress owns two pets, Lilu and Chopper, one of them a rescue. She loves dogs. Especially rescued dogs!
Sunny, in an interview to TOI, said, “We definitely want to have children at some point. Danny wants a little baby girl and I want the baby to just be healthy, whether it’s a boy or a girl. But I don’t know when that will be, hopefully it will be soon.”
- She is the first adult film star to successfully cross over into mainstream Bollywood cinema.
- In 2005, Sunny made her first mainstream appearance for the MTV Awards on MTV India
So did you guys know all these? Thank us later!
Also Read: Sanskari Sunny Leone
Feature Image Credit: The Siasat Daily
Join Us on https://www.facebook.com/SheThePeoplePage
Follow Us on https://twitter.com/SheThePeopleTV