Nafisa Ali Hospitalised : Indian actor, social activist and politician Nafisa Ali took to Instagram to inform that she has been hospitalised. She posted her photo where she can be seen lying on the hospital bed and captioned it, "Guess what I have ! A lucky number 7 bed !! High fever and throat congested but doing better with my super medical team in Goa . Hope to be allowed home in a few days for self isolation…."
A lot of people have commented on her post wishing her speedy recovery. It is not confirmed yet whether she has contracted COVID-19 or not. If she has, she will join the list of Bollywood celebrities like Ekta Kapoor, Swara Bhaskar, Nora Fatehi, Mrunal Thakur, John Abrahm who have contracted COVID-19 and are quarantining at home.
She made headlines a few months ago in 2021 when the 64-year-old actor joined Trinamool Congress (TMC) in Goa in the presence of party head Mamata Banerjee. “We are elated to share that Nafisa Ali and Mrinalini Deshprabhu have joined the Goa Trinamool Congress family today in the presence of our Hon’ble Chairperson @MamataOfficial. We wholeheartedly welcome both leaders!” TMC tweeted.
She was with Indian National Congress until October 2021.
Here's what you need to know about Nafisa Ali
- She hails from Kolkata but is currently residing in Goa.
- She has worked in Bollywood films like Junoon, Aatank and Life in a… Metro.
- Her last Bollywood film was Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3 in 2018.
- She was diagnosed with cancer in 2018.
- Last year, she took to social media and opened up about the struggles she had to go through during her cancer journey. She recalled the painful times and that she is happy celebrating life today with her super positive family.
- In the caption, she wrote, “This was me 2 years ago after my big Peritoneal cancer surgery. The doctors, the medical team who cared for me and the hospital were amazing as they gave me courage. Happy and celebrating life today with my super positive family.” Read more about it here.