On Her 85th Birthday: Remembering Elizabeth Taylor Through Her Words
There are a lot of Hollywood actresses who enjoyed a lavish lifestyle but didn’t shy away from using their wealth to help the less-privileged. One such woman is Elizabeth Taylor who would have turned 85 today. A British-American actress, a business woman and a humanitarian, her career commenced in the early 1940’s as a child actress.
She acted in some of the most iconic Hollywood films. Few of her films like “Cat On A Hot Tin Roof” and “Suddenly, Last Summer” had been nominated for Oscars. She was famous for her personal life as well. Taylor tied the marital knot eight times but was single when she died of congestive heart failure in March 2011.
Apart from being a prolific actress, Elizabeth was engaged in HIV/AIDS activism and raised funds for the victims. She was a hardcore feminist who believed in busting stereotypes and myths related to women and other minorities. She also started her own collection of fragrances which proved to be a great money-spinner for her.
On her 85th birthday today, let us recall some of her famous quotes.
1. You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.
2. I’m a survivor – a living example of what people can go through and survive.
3. Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.
6. The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they’re going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
8. Success is a great deoderant.