NEET postponed due to coronavirus outbreak
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-Under Graduate (NEET-UG) 2020 has been postponed to the last week of May. It was earlier scheduled for May 3, 2020.
The admit cards will now be issued after April 15, 2020, after an assessment of the situation. The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Thursday decided to not issue the admit card. According to reports, the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) will also be rescheduled since the lockdown will continue till April 14.
“NEET UG 2020 “is proposed to be held in the last week of May 2020. The exact date will be announced later after assessing the situation.” – NTA’s Public Notice
- The NEET exam has been postponed. It will now take place in the last week of May.
- The admit cards will be issued after April 15, 2020.
- JEE (Main) will also be rescheduled
Other exams which have been postponed
With the COVID-19 pandemic and India being under a 21-day lockdown, several organizations have decided to postpone the examinations. State governments have also promoted students from classes 1 to 9th to the next academic year without conducting examinations. Here are some of the exams which have been postponed
Stuck in Stereotypes : Roti Beti Diplomacy and a Misogynist Undertone
Every Married Woman Deserves To Feel Loved, So Stop Telling Yourself Otherwise
Not “Just A Music Teacher”. How Mrs Tafti Taught Us Patience, Kindness And Humility
‘Rough Sex’ Defence Banned in the UK, Landmark Judgment for Women
It’s Hard To Decline A Drink Offered By A Friend, But Giving Into Peer Pressure Is Wrong
LGBTQIA+ Community Mourns the TikTok Ban, Says App was Queer-Friendly
Celebrities Have Been Left Dumbfound By High Electricity Bills, How Could A Stay At Home Mom Not Worry
Do You Know These Six Braveheart Women In Sikh History
Now A Platform To Track Nepotism, But Is It Enough To Usher Change In Bollywood?
Incident After Incident Shows Struggles Of LGBT Community In India To Find Acceptance
Tragic Photo from J&K Surfaces, People React with Sarcasm: Are We Losing Empathy?
Girl Talk: I don’t believe in physical affection or intimacy. Is it ok to not want sex?
- JEE Main 2020 has also been postponed. The exams were to take place on April 5,7,9 and 11th but due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak, the exams have been postponed. The new exam dates will be announced after April 15th.
- CBSE class 10th and 12th certain exams postponed. The announcement was made on March 18 and the rescheduled dates will be announced by March 31st
- The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations and Indian School Certificate exams have been postponed taking into consideration the scenario of Coronavirus pandemic. Class 10th and 12th exams will be rescheduled.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has delayed the Personality Tests (interviews) for all the candidates who gave the Civil Services Examination in 2019 looking at the deadly Coronavirus upsurge.
- National Institute of Open Schooling has put off secondary and senior secondary examination
- The University Grants Commission has also instructed all the colleges and universities to not conduct the examination until the Coronavirus breakout is brought under control
There has been an upsurge of Coronavirus cases in India. According to a Worldometer report, there are 887 positive cases of Coronavirus in India and the deaths that have been reported are 20.
Coronavirus effect on India
There has been an upsurge of Coronavirus cases in India. According to a Worldometer report, there are 887 positive cases of Coronavirus in India and the deaths that have been reported are 20. 160 new cases were reported on March 27th. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 24th announced a complete lockdown for 21 days all over India. Right now the lockdown. Recently the best option to control the outbreak and to fight it. Nirmala Sitharam the finance minister announced relief packages for Coronavirus affected economy.
Shreya is an intern with SheThePeople.TV
AWARD SECTION 2017
LAST YEAR, THIS TIME
#WomenAtWork Speak Up On Union Budget 2019July 5, 2019
In the news
- Three School Boys Repeatedly Rape Classmate, Post Video Online: Report
- Laxmmi Bomb – Where are the trans people in Indian cinema?
- Kerala: Women-Only Bike Squads Soon To Start COVID-19 Surveillance
- Ghislaine Maxwell Arrested On Charges Of Sex Trafficking, Who Is This British Socialite?
- Vidya Balan’s Shakuntala Devi Biopic Will Premiere On Prime Video, On July 31