Meet The Digital Women Awards ‘ E-Commerce’ Winners
SheThePeople.TV Digital Women Awards put the spotlight on women who leverage the online world to create businesses with impact.
Jury members included Manipal Chairman Mohandas Pai, Managing Director of TPG Growth Anjali Bansal, Akila Urankar from Business Standard, and Facebook India’s Director of Public Policy, Ankhi Das along with Lara Balsara of Madison Media.
Here are the women who won awards for their innovative e-commerce businesses:
1. Radhika Aggarwal- The founder of India’s first managed marketplace, Shopclues, won the award for Best Marketplace. Aggarwal’s company employs 1,000 people, ships out 3 million products on a monthly basis, and serves over 9,000 locations in India.
2. Rashi Menda– Menda won the award for Innovative Community. Her company Zapyle, enables women to buy and sell luxury fashion. According to the website, the idea is to get users to adopt the idea of a ‘revolving closet’. Menda aims to make luxury fashion affordable and to help women stay abreast of every new fashion trend.
3. Neetu Bhatia– Bhatia is the Co-founder of KyaZoonga, which she founded in 2007 along with her brother Akash Bhatia. The company provides ticketing services for sports and entertainment events and has operations in India, the US, UAE and Caribbean. Bhatia won the award for Best Service Offering in the e-commerce space.
4. Nidhi Agarwal- Agarwal won the Unique Idea award for her e-commerce fashion company, Karyaah. The company’s USP is that it offers 18 sizes of clothing, designed to suit the specific needs of Indian women.
“Digital Women Entrepreneur Awards is a great way to celebrate her courage, hard work and entrepreneurial spirit. It is testimony to the fact that relentless hard work cannot fall short of recognition and is hugely empowering,” she commented after winning the award.
5. Rashi Sanon– She also won the Unique Idea award for her business, Heads Up For Tails. The e-commerce platform aims to provide a one-stop shop for dog owners to access everything they might need for their pets! She decided to start the premium pet products line after becoming a pet parent to her Labrador, Sara.
She spoke about how powerful the digital medium can be:
“A year into my business, my husband was posted overseas. The only way I was able to drive my own business was because of the digital platform – as despite sitting overseas, and being a one-person startup, I could use the power of digital to build my brand,” she told SheThePeople.TV
6. Sabina Chopra– She is the Co-Founder of the famous travel portal, Yatra.Com. She won the award for Best Platform. The platform enables consumers to book flights, hotels, trains, buses, homestays and more on its seamless interface. It has over 7 million monthly users.