Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 January interacted and conferred digital certificates to Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) awardees for 2021-22. A total of 29 children were honoured with the award which included 15 boys and 14 girls from 21 states and union territories.
Here’s a list of girls who won the award under the following categories -:
Art and Culture
14-year-old Gauri Maheshwari is a calligraphist and budding designer. She has also registered her name in India Book of Records, Asia Book of Records and International Book of Records for being one of the the youngest calligraphers.
Gurugu Himapriya saved many families by engaging in a conversation with a terrorist for 4 to 5 hours and negotiating with him. She did all this despite been hit by grenades. The attack took place at Sunjuwan Mil Camp, Jammu.
6-year-old Shivangi Kale showed great presence of mind and saved her mother and sister from electrocution.
- Vishalini N C is one of the youngest patent holders of India as she has invented “An Automatic Multi-Functional Life Rescue Flood House” to help prevent drowning during floods, as per a report.
- Jui Abhijit Keskar has invented a wearable tremor profiling device called JTremor3D to give relief to those suffering from Parkinsons.
- Aswatha Biju is a budding palaeontologist Aswatha Biju with a deep interest in studying fossil specimens. She collects specimens from field visits and has also made efforts to generate awareness about this field.
- Banita Dash is a budding astrophysicist who has designed an automated sanitizing school bag.
- Arushi Kotwal is a young chess master who has represented India several times in various championships and aspires to become a Grand Master.
- 14-year-old Shriya Lohia is an International Motorsports Karting Racer who has won several national trophies and represented the country in international racing.
- Jiya Rai is India’s top ranking open water para swimmer. She also created history with a 36-kilometer swim in 8 hours and 40 minutes, covering the distance between the Bandra-Worli Sea Link and Gateway of India. Rai, who is on the autism spectrum, swam with an aim to raise awareness about Autism Spectrum Disorder. Read more about her achievement here.
- Anvi Vijay Zanzarukia is a specially abled child who won a gold medal at the national level Yoga championship.
Suggested Reading : 12-Year-Old Girl Shares Bravery Award Money With Minor She Saved