In the last three months, may cases have been reported of fathers raping their daughters across India. A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father in Tamil Nadu last week. A cab driver, the accused hails from Nagapattinam district, and was arrested by the area's all-women police force . He raped and impregnated his minor daughter repeatedly until the mother discovered the horror and took action.
He has two daughters and according to the police, the entire family shares one room to sleep. A Times Now report said the survivor complained of stomach ache and vomiting to her mother and that's when she was taken to the hospital for check up. She was discovered pregnant and later the mother found out that her father had been reportedly raping the girl for three months.
There have been a large number of such cases recently where fathers have raped their daughters. Five cases were reported in the media the last three months alone. Another case of a father killing his daughter for 'wealth and a baby boy' was also reported.
The accused has been arrested under the POCSO Act and is in judicial custody. As per reports the girl will be admitted to one of the government homes and after that she will be sent to the child welfare committee (CWC) for counselling.
Other such incidents
- In May, a case was reported in Haryana’s Panchkula district where a mentally challenged 23-year-old woman, was allegedly raped by her father. Reportedly, she delivered a stillborn baby at a hospital. She also admitted that her family members were not aware of her father’s heinous act. According to the police, the accused had been raping his daughter from the last several months said a report in Mirror Now.
- This week, another headline grabbed attention in Khagaul police station, Patna where a 40-year-old man was arrested for raping his minor daughter for the last four years. The accused was arrested after the victim, now 16, lodged an FIR with Khagaul police station. She alleged that her father has been raping her since she was 12-year-old.
- A 35-year-old Telangana man has allegedly raped his minor daughter in the Vikarabad district. This incident happened in March. The 13-year-old girl, who is the student of a religious school, was raped by her father who works as a daily wage worker. He was also arrested under the POCSO Act.
- A 75-day-old baby girl (just over 2 months old) was allegedly raped by her father in Erode district of Tamil Nadu earlier this week. The survivor’s mother approached the Bhavani all-woman police and he was arrested for the heinous crime.
- Another father killed his 13 year old daughter in cold blood in Tamil Nadu. In Pudukottai district village he reportedly 'sacrificed' his minor girl in 'hoping' to get more money and a baby boy. He was reportedly advised by a sorcerer, and the accused is said to have murdered his teenage daughter so he could be wealthy. He is now missing after the daughter’s wounded body was found near a well in the village.