Who Is Lilibet Diana: It has been announced that the Duchess of Sussex gave birth to a healthy girl. What all do we know about the second child of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Read on
A spokesperson for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced that the couple has welcomed their second child Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. The internet is waiting for pictures of the newborn baby but no photos of the baby or the Sussexes accompanied the announcement.
Harry and American actor Meghan Markle married at Windsor Castle in May 2018. Their first child, Archie was born a year after the marriage. In a released statement, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have said, “On June 4th, we were blessed with the arrival of our daughter, Lili. She is more than we could have ever imagined, and we remain grateful for the love and prayers we’ve felt from across the globe.”
Lilibet Diana’s birth comes after Harry and Meghan’s recent TV interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired in March. In the interview, the couple described the painful incidents they went through that raised a lot of controversies. They opened up about being questioned for the color of their first child’s skin, losing royal protection, and the intense pressure that came from the royal family members.
Buckingham Palace on the other hand has denied all claims that the couple has made in the interview. They alleged that there were no such pressures or racist comments made towards the Duchess of Sussex and the baby.
Who Is Lilibet Diana?
- Lilibet Diana is the first daughter and second child of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
- She weighs at 7 lbs, 11 oz at the time of birth, which is about 3 kgs and 400 g.
- Her first name, Lilibet, is named in reference to Her Majesty The Queen’s nickname.
- Lilibet’s middle name ‘Lili’ is in honor of her late grandmother and Harry’s mother, Princess Diana.
- Lilibet Lili Diana is the eighth in line to the British throne. No photos of her have been released yet.