Kevin Spacey is back in the American TV drama series House Of Cards. On Monday, Space who plays villain Frank Underwood in series, posted a cryptic video announcing his comeback, alluding to his sexual misconduct allegations.
The actor shared the YouTube video on his official Twitter account after disappearing for more than a year. Sure we liked Spacey for his spectacular acting versatility, but after the sexual assault allegations, his reputation was trashed and his career had a free fall.
In the video, Spacey is speaking to the camera in a clip titled “Let Me Be Frank”.
Let Me Be Frank https://t.co/OzVGsX6Xbz
— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) December 24, 2018
“I know what you want,” Spacey tells the camera. “You want me back. Of course, some believed everything and have just been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all. They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy if it was all so simple? Only you and I both know it’s never that simple. Not in politics and not in life. But you wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you? You wouldn’t rush to judgments without facts, would you? Did you?”
While Netflix refused to comment, on Christmas Eve, Spacey hinted to his character’s off-screen death. “I know what you want,” Spacey tells the camera. “Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, it’s too powerful. I mean, after all, we shared everything, you and I. I told you my deepest darkest secrets, I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me, even though you knew you shouldn’t.”
The two-time Oscar winner was fired from House of Cards last year after multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.
The show resumed with the final season on Netflix, with Robin Wright leading the series after killing Spacey’s character off screen. Now is the character being revived?
This caused a stir in Hollywood, with directors and fellow actors criticising the actor over his decision to release a bizarre video.
Alyssa Milano wrote:
Kevin Spacey charged with sexually assaulting 18-year-old son of Boston news anchor https://t.co/3rMuOhMuz0
👆And after you read this—then watch the creepy video Mr. Spacey posted after the news broke. 👇 #MeToo #TimesUp https://t.co/70GvesW87y
— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) December 24, 2018
Actor-director Jon Favreau asks:
Is Kevin Spacey using Donald Trump’s legal team now?
— Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) December 24, 2018
What did I miss? Did Kevin Spacey ruin Christmas Eve?
— Julie Klausner (@julieklausner) December 24, 2018
Picture Credit: CBC