Hyderabad rape case: In yet another horrific incident, a six-year-old minor was allegedly raped and killed on September 9. After the incident, local residents and youth organizations staged protests demanding a magistrate level probe.
Police personnel had to be deployed in order to maintain peace following the massive outbreak in the locality. An official said that the situation is currently under control.
“The post-mortem is being conducted and further investigation will be carried out based on the report,” he added, “We will thoroughly probe the case and ensure those involved are severely punished.”
Additional Commissioner (Law and Order) D.S.Chauhan, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar and East Zone DCP M.Ramesh visited the spot.
Hyderabad Minor Raped And Killed: 10 Things To Know
- The accused in the case was identified as Raju, a 30-year-old man.
- The deceased went missing from her house on Thursday.
- Her body was later recovered from the house of the accused late after midnight. Raju, the accused reportedly belonged to the same neighbourhood.
- According to a report by Telangana Today, the accused was suspected of having lured the girl by offering chocolates. At the time, the minor was playing near the house.
- While the minor was playing near his house, Raju allegedly took her to his house and raped her.
- As per reports, Raju is still at large, the police have assured the locals that the police will bring the accused to justice within a month.
- Locals and youth organizations took to the streets to demand a magistrate level probe in the case. The protestors had reportedly stopped the police from taking the girl’s body to hospital.
- Reportedly, near about 300 police personnel were deployed to maintain peace in the area. Senior police officials from Malakpet assured that the situation was under control. The locals allowed police to take the body after assurance, as per reports.
- The local police lodged a case under sections 376(1) and 302 for rape and murder and the accused was also booked under the POCSO ACT of 2012.
- Currently, the body has been sent to the Osmania General Hospital morgue for autopsy.
Watch Trending Video Now: