A world record holder in waterfall rappelling sport, Haritha will now be the brand ambassador of the second waterfall rappelling world cup. Convenor of the Waterfall Rappelling World Cup Organising Committee (WRWCOC) selected her as the ambassador of the event. The committee has a special motto of “Power to Empower, Adventure Tourism.”
It will be held at Kathika Waterfalls near Anantagiri Mandal in Visakhapatnam. The world cup will commence on January 3, 2020.
- Haritha has been chosen as the brand ambassador of second waterfall rappelling world cup by the Convenor of the Waterfall Rappelling World Cup Organising Committee (WRWCOC).
- The event will be held at Kathika Waterfalls near Anantagiri Mandal in Visakhapatnam Agency.
- 21-year-old, city girl Haritha holds world records in the adventurous sport of waterfall rappelling.
- Besides being an adventure enthusiast, Haritha is a third-year law student and aims at cracking civil service exams.
- She also wishes to play an important role in introducing and encouraging success in more such adventurous sports in India.
Haritha, an adventure enthusiast and a civil service exam aspirant:
21-year-old Haritha has been born and brought up in the city. She is a third-year law student. Her larger aim of life is to crack civil service exams and become a role model for society. However, she has already set on the journey to put herself up as an inspiration for the society by her enterprise in the waterfall rappelling sport.
She has a lot of experience in this adventure sport and holds a world record. Soon, she will be a proud ambassador of the sport!
Haritha has inherited her enthusiasm for adventure from her father N Nageshwar Rao who is also an adventure enthusiast and a journalist by profession. From her mother, who is an advocate, she has learnt to study society and become an example of change.
Also Read: Serena Williams Again Tops Forbes List Of Highest-Paid Sports Women
Expressing her delight on the opportunity, Haritha spoke with Times Of India and said she was extremely happy to be selected as the ambassador of the event. She further added, “Over 300 people from the various parts of the world are slated to participate in the event.”
Haritha also wishes to play an important role in introducing and encouraging success in more such adventurous sports in the country.
It is indeed a happy and proud achievement for her to promote one of the most favourite adventurous sports in the country.
What is Waterfall Rappelling Sport?
Waterfall Rappelling is an adventurous sport in which the participants have to climb down a sloping mountain with a waterfall with the help of a rope. They wear a harness and a belay is also attached to ensure their safety. The sport is famous in the coastal and hilly areas and is conducted mainly in the Monsoon season. Besides, it is also an important tourist attraction.
Picture Credit: Times of India
Also Read: Aishwarya Pissay: First Ever Indian To Win A World Title In Motorsports
Rudrani Kumari is an intern with SheThePeople.TV.