For those of you who haven’t watched “Mean Girls”, please do, and for those of you who have, why are we celebrating it today? Although there are several iconic moments in the classic movie, It’s the day Aaron Samuels (Johnathan Bennett) asked Cady (Lindsay Lohan) what the date was in math class, and she said ‘October 3rd.’ It was the first day they ever spoke.
— Catherine (@catduncan24) October 3, 2017
Mean girl is a cult classic, the movie still plays in the hearts of so many fans.
Directed by Mark Waters the 2004 movie goes beyond the Tina Fey’s script and brings back the memory of some classic actors who deliver the lines so superbly.
Including Tina Fey as the teacher. It’s appealing as a first-person monologue, and is different from everyone else, but tries to fit in. It’s a LiLo classic, and this kind of movies is what we love about her! Including Just my luck, or even Parent Trap. Lohan captures a part of acting that is distinguished and natural, which is probably what we loved the most about her movies. It’s also a classic chick flick, high school drama, that other movie just aren’t, and can’t even compare to. Even if it’s easy A, or Pretty in Pink, this movie has all the drama that you wouldn’t expect, and its sheer boldness, of putting it across especially with the witty, catchy dialogue, is brilliance on its own.
When you get to see Ed Sheeran in concert on national Mean Girls day pic.twitter.com/SXh1pIrDBH
— Marissa Amstutz (@marissa_amstutz) October 3, 2017
It resonates 13 years later in the hearts of generations of teenagers and even adults.
If you’re a fan, you’re probably wearing pink, even though it’s a Monday and not Wednesday, and you’re trying to make fetch catch-all over again.
Here are a few iconic quotes from the movie, that you might want to use today….
- “On Wednesdays we wear pink.”
- “That’s so fetch.”/”Stop trying to make fetch happen.”
- “Is butter a carb?”
- “You go, Glen Coco.”
- “I can’t help that I’ve got a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina.”
- “Get in, loser. We’re going shopping.”
- “I’m a mouse, duh.”
- “Would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?”
- “Don’t have sex, because you will get pregnant and die.”
- “That’s why her hair is so big: It’s full of secrets.”
- “I can’t help it that I’m so popular.”
- “You can’t just ask someone why they’re white.”
- “That vest was disgusting!”
- “I can’t go to Taco Bell, I’m on an all-carb diet.”
- “My nail beds suck.”
- “So you agree. You think you’re really pretty.”
- “I’m a cool mom.”
- “It’s October 3rd.”
- Grool.”- great and cool
- “The limit does not exist.” – go mathletes!
We have more coming our way, since Tina Fey has turned the movie into a Broadway musical! Yes, the world premiere of the Mean Girls musical, starts at October 31st 2017, in Washington DC.
Here’s a few ways you can celebrate the holiday:
- It’s the 13th birthday, get some cake, turn on the movie on Netflix and start watching!
- Use fetch all day, and try making it happen.
- Definitely wear pink. Even if it’s not a Wednesday, it’s the unofficial holiday, and we owe it to the rules of the table.
- Sing “jingle bell rock” harmoniously.
- Tell someone they look nice, even though it’s not true.
- Use the word grool.
Pic Credit: Entertainment Weekly
Navina Singh is an Intern with SheThePeople.TV