From Beauty Queen to Royalty: Why Priyanka Chopra is in a league of her own
“And today my legs sell like 12 or 15 products in my part of the world. Yeah they do.”
Trust Priyanka Chopra to come up with a quirky statement. The 34-year-old Global icon said this to W magazine.
“When I was a teenager, I was a tomboy. So I had scars, I was always falling on my knees. They were not the prettiest legs in the world, and then I taught myself how to take care of my body. Anybody can do it if I can. I just think I’ve found how to be the best version of myself, and that took a lot of years,” she added, reported by TOI.
Recently W Magazine added Priyanka Chopra to it’s New Royal’s list, the first Indian to achieve this. Priyanka nailed it with her stunning look in a close up, featured on the cover of the September issue of the magazine.
The magazine describes her as one of the ‘new royals who totally rule,’ alongside international divas such as Elle Fanning, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jodie Foster, Halle Berry, and Irina Shayk and 16 others. With this feat, she became the first Indian to be named Hollywood Royalty.
Chopra has spent more than a decade in Bollywood, done a variety of roles, and been part of some blockbuster movies. But she has carved her niche internationally, so here are five instances where Piggy Chops created a splash at the international arena.
- Priyanka plays Alex Parrish – a tough FBI agent in an American TV show Quantico. In a first, an American television show featured an Indian actor as the central character. It was huge news. And even as we couldn’t stop talking about it, the show became a hit worldwide and now Priyanka is busy shooting for the second season.
- We spot an Indian face very rarely in Hollywood, that too in a negative role. PeeCee will soon make her Hollywood debut with Baywatch where she is likely to play a role of don – Victoria. In an interview, the actress even revealed that the role was initially meant for a man, but the director chose Priyanka instead for the character after meeting her.
- She made headlines by becoming South Asia’s first actress to win a ‘People’s Choice Award For Favourite Actress In A New TV Series. Also, her 2009 rom-com ‘What’s Your Rashee’, earned her a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for portraying 12 distinct characters in one film.
- Priyanka’s first single album, In My City, in collaboration collaborated with will.i.am, actually was her first step as an international star. It was a major hit selling over 130,000 copies and from there she was spotted by the Quantico producers. And from then on, her Hollywood career seems to be on an upswing.
- Priyanka is also the first Indian actress to become UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2010 seeing her remarkable work for child rights.
She tweeted the Girl Rising video on her social media account on Monday.
All the fame and accolades apart, Priyanka also is a charitable star. She donates 10% of he earnings every year to support underprivileged children through her foundation -The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education.
Feature Image Credit: Twitter
Join Us on https://www.facebook.com/SheThePeoplePage
Follow Us on https://twitter.com/SheThePeopleTV