Birthday Special: 7 Facts To know About Ratna Pathak Shah
Ratna Pathak Shah is one of the wittiest female actors of the contemporary times. She is widely recognized for her role in Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai as the cunning mother-in-law who drew pleasure out of mocking her daughter-in-law Monisha Sarabhai. Their constant banter kept the audience glued to their television screens.
On her 60th birthday today, let us delve deeper into the various facets of her life:
1. Ratna was born and brought up in Mumbai. Her mother Dina Pathak and younger sister Supriya Pathak are well-known actors.
2. She completed her schooling from J.B Vachha High School in Dadar. She went on to study in National School Of Drama, Delhi, and passed out from there in 1981.
3. Her first film Mandi released in 1983 which did very well at the box-office. This was followed by other films like Mirch Masala, Paheli, Yuh Hota Toh Kya Hota.
4. Besides Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, she has acted in a number of comedy serials on television.
5. She was a jury member to select Padma Shree and Padma Bhushan awardees in 2012.
6. She essayed the character of a mother in Jaane Tu Ya Jane Na and Kapoor and Sons. In both movies, she was praised for her stellar acting skills. She proved that she is capable of handling a diverse roles with equal enthusiasm.
7. Married to Naseeruddin Shah, the couple have acted in a lot of films together. In an interview with Times Of India, she said, “Naseeruddin Shah is a very fair and private person. He is a very generous actor to work with.” They have two sons — Imaad Shah and Vivaan Shah.
For all those waiting to see Ratna Pathak Shah on the small screen, the news is that she will be seen again in Sarabhai vs Sarabhai which will be played as a web-series on Hotstar this summer.
SheThePeople.TV Wishes Her A Very Happy Birthday!
Charvi Is An intern With SheThePeople.TV