Anuya Nisal, Pune Based Scientist Wins The 2020 Young Entrepreneur Award
A Pune based scientist from CSIR National Chemical Laboratory (NCL), Anuya Nisal has won the 2020 Young Entrepreneur Award, presented by the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE). Nisal works as the principal scientist in the polymer science and engineering division of the NCL. She mainly works on tissue engineering, cell structures, and biomaterials.
In 2015, Anuya Nisal founded BiolMed Innovations, a company that constructs biomedical products using tissue regeneration done from natural silk protein. BiolMed innovations was started under The Lab2Mkt scheme and was later renamed as Serigen Media Products. Serioss, a substance used to plug bone cavities formed due to trauma, cancer, or infection is one of its leading products, reports The Indian Express
- A Pune based scientist Anuya Nisal has won the 2020 Young Entrepreneur Award.
- Nisal founded Biol Med innovations, a company that constructs biomedical products using tissue regeneration.
- One of the chief products made by BiolMed is Serioss, a substance used to plug bone cavities formed due to trauma, cancer, or infection
- The INAE award function will be held from December 17 to 19 this year.
- The award will compromise Rs one lakh worth cash prize and a citation.
The award, constituted by the Department of Science and Technology in 1996 is being presented to Anuya Nisal for setting up the company. It acknowledges the contributions made by research-driven engineers. During the selection procedure of the award, the nominees are evaluated on the basis of research, product, process, design, technology, and development or transfer in their fields.
The INAE award function will be held from December 17 to 19 this year virtually. The award will compromise Rs 1 lakh worth cash prize and a citation.
Recently, 49 teachers were virtually conferred with the National Teachers Day Award by President Ram Nath Kovind on 5 September. The teachers were praised for shifting to technology-driven teaching during the time of the pandemic. Read more about this here.
Image Credit: indianexpress.com/ YouTube screenshot
Arunima Sharma is an intern with SheThePeople.TV.