French billionaire Bernard Arnault has surpassed the tech giant Elon Musk as the world’s richest person. 73-year-old Arnault, who is the Chairman of luxury brand LVMH Moët Hennessy holds a fortune of 188.6 billion dollars according to the latest data released by Forbes.
As Bernard Arnault, also popularly known as the Louis Vuitton King, becomes the wealthiest person in the world, let’s get to learn more about his first spouse, Anne Dewavrin, who formed a major aspect of his personal life and with whom he shares two children.
Who Is Anne Dewavrin?
- Born on May 19, 1950, in Hauts-de-France, 72-year-old Anne Dewavrin is a French national. She married Bernard Arnault on April 7, 1973, in Roubaix, France. They were often spotted together at art galleries and museums in and around France as Arnault is also a famous art collector.
- The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter in 1975, whom they named Delphine. Their second child, a son, was born in 1977, whom they named Antoine. She has three grandchildren Elisa Niel, Maxim Arnault and Roman Arnault.
- The couple spent a good seventeen years together before deciding to go separate ways. Dewavrin and Arnault called it quits in 1990. While the reason behind their separation is unknown, it is alleged that Arnault met his current spouse Hélène Mercier in 1989 and their love blossomed the following year.
- Both of Dewavrin’s children went on to join the family business and took on significant roles in leadership positions at the companies. While Delphine Arnault serves as the Executive Vice President of Louis Vuitton, Antoine Arnault is now the Vice-Chairman and CEO of Christian Dior SE, the holding company LVMH.
- After their divorce, Arnault married Hélène Mercier in 1991 while Dewavrin married Patrice de Maistre in September 2001 in France. Maistre is a wealth management tycoon. While not a lot is known about Dewavrin as she maintains the sanctity of her private space a lot, she is sometimes spotted with Patrice on occasional outings.
- According to the latest data from Bloomberg, Arnault’s vast majority of fortune comes from his 97.5 per cent stake in Christian Dior. Dior controls and manages about 41 per cent of LVMH, now the world’s largest luxury brand. The entire family also holds an additional roughly 6 per cent stake in LVMH. Both Dewavrin and her ex-spouse Arnault are not active on social media and make very rare public appearances.
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.