Alexandria Ocasio Cortez COVID 19 Positive: The New York Congresswoman has tested positive for COVID-19. She is recuperating at home. “Representative Ocasio-Cortez has received a positive test result for COVID-19. She is experiencing symptoms and recovering at home,” the statement said.
“The Congresswoman received her booster shot this fall, and encourages everyone to get their booster and follow all CDC guidance.”
As per sources, she was spotted partying without a mask with her boyfriend in Florida last week. She was reportedly on a vacation in Miami.
There is also a photograph where she can be seen with boyfriend Riley Roberts sitting outside at the Doraku Izakaya and Sushi restaurant on Dec. 30. She can be seen sipping a cocktail and checking her phone.
Here’s what you should know about her
- She was born on October 13, 1989 in New York.
- Her mother is from Puerto Rico. Her father, on the other hand, is from South Bronx.
- She said in an interview that she was brought up in a place where one’s destiny depended on one’s zip code.
- Alexandria holds a degree in economics and international relations from Boston University.
- After college, she returned home and found work as an educational director for the nonprofit National Hispanic Institute. But she was compelled to take on another job when the recession hit.
- She has worked as a waitress and bartender to support her mother financially who used to work as a house cleaner.
- Her father succumbed to cancer. He was a small business owner.
- According to Cortez, she is an educator, organiser and working class New Yorker who has worked with expectant mothers, waited tables and led classrooms
- In an interview with MSNBC, she said, “My mother cleaned homes and drove school buses, and when my family was on the brink of foreclosure … I started bartending and waitressing. I understand the pain of working-class Americans because I have experienced the pain.” Read more about this here.