AAP MLA and national spokesperson Atishi Marlena has tested positive for COVID-19. According to a report by Hindustan Times, the minister was tested on Tuesday and her report came positive today. She will now be permanently under home quarantine.
Recently Marlena had been working with the Delhi Health Department to solve for the coronavirus spread. She is the third MLA to test positive. Vishesh Ravi (Karol Bagh) and Rajkumar Anand (Patel Nagar) are the other two who have got the virus.
Last week Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was in the news because he got the test done for coronavirus after complaining of fever and throat pain but the results were negative.
According to NDTV, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain was admitted to the Rajiv Gandhi Super Specialty Hospital after a high fever and breathing difficulties. He continues to be in hospital, and even though he tested negative for COVID-19 he has been facing respiratory issues.
Delhi has seen surge in COVID-19 cases in this past month and the spread has been wide across different regions of the city.
What You Should Know
- AAP MLA and national spokesperson Atishi Marlena tests positive for COVID-19
- She was tested on Tuesday for COVID-19 and her report came positive today
- She is permanently under home quarantine
Coronavirus crisis in Delhi
- Delhi has added 1,859 new cases in the last 24 hours. Its total tally is around 45,000. As many as 437 people have succumbed to the disease in the last 24 hours.
- According to a PTI report, Delhi government is likely to start using rapid antigen kits for COVID-19 testing in containment zones from June 20.
- According to a report, The Delhi government has started converting South Delhi’s Radha Soami Spiritual Centre into a care facility. It will have over 200 halls and 10,000 beds. This will help the capital do away with the paucity of beds it is facing.
Marlena represents the Kalkaji assembly constituency in Delhi. During elections earlier in the year, Atishi won with a vote share of 55897 against Singh in Kalkaji. She came to be known as the power behind fixing Delhi Public School System.
She also spearheaded the flagship Mohalla Sabha Project for the Government of NCT of Delhi. She famously worked for the Delhi government for an honorarium of one rupee per month, before she was removed by the government at the Centre in April, 2018.