How about some additional help in your weight loss process? Increase your metabolism rate and let your body burn the calories even when you’re at rest.
Here are a few steps by which you can increase the metabolism rate:
1) Don’t stay hungry: Metabolism is the rate at which your body burns calories. When you stay hungry for long your body goes into energy-saving mode, which means whatever food you eat gets stored and make you fat. So consume healthy food at short intervals, consume food that is rich in protein as proteins show the largest increase in the Thermic effect of food (TEF), (Energy used to digest food).
2) Drink cold water: Replace sugary drinks with plain water. It will help you lose more weight. Many articles claim that drinking cold water can increase your rate of metabolism. Also drinking water activates resting metabolism, so instead of consuming calories, drink water and burn weight.
3) Do high-intensity workout: High-intensity interval training, it involves a sudden burst of intense activity for short period alternating it by resting periods. It keeps your metabolic rate high, even after the exercise has finished.
4) Lift heavy weights: Generally, during the weight loss process involving diet, body’s metabolic rate drops, but lifting weight and building muscle can combat the drop in metabolism.
5) Eat spicy food: Eating spicy food can increase your metabolism as it produces heat in the body, Peppers have capsaicin, an ingredient that has shown to boost the metabolic weight.
6) Get sound sleep: If you don’t give your body enough rest, at a proper time, it will go into energy saving mode, and decrease the rate of metabolism to save energy. Lack of sleep has been linked to obesity.
7) Consume caffeine: Consuming caffeine increases the rate of metabolism. It also enhances the fat burning process.