Today is NR Narayana Murthyâ€™s 70th birthday. The founder of Infosys, one of Indian entrepreneurshipâ€™s biggest success stories, he has near guru status. When he speaks, everyone shuts up and listens. Because very few people have the ability, the way he does, to go straight to the heart of issues that frequently bother us.
As we wish him a happy birthday, here are seven quotes from the great man.
- “Progress is often equal to the difference between mind and mindset.”
- “Love your job, but never fall in love with your company because you never know when the company stops loving you.”
- “A ship is safest at the harbour, but that is not where it is supposed to be.”
- “It is less important, I believe, where you start. It is more important how and what you learn. If the quality of the learning is high, the development gradient is steep, and, given time, you can find yourself in a previously unattainable place.”
- “Our assets walk out of the door each evening. We have to make sure that they come back the next morning.”
- “Entrepreneurship is all about deferred gratification.”
- “Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong.”
Feature image credit: wedio.in