Weekday blues are something we often try to fight- but all in vain. Sometimes all that it takes for us to kickstart the week is that one stimulant of motivation. Now that motivation might come from looking at a meme on your Facebook wall or an article in your daily. Then there are those need to listen to a podcast or read an entire book to get that boost of energy to hustle harder. For someone like me, it could be one powerful phrase. One powerful thought. One person who could change my outlook.
Here are 10 quotes from different leaders spaced across time and distance, that could possibly help you get out of your bed faster than you would usually do.
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” —Theodore Roosevelt
- “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill
- “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.” -Vince Lombardi
- “Carry the battle to them. Don’t let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don’t ever apologize for anything.” Harry S Truman
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.”- Rabindranath Tagore
- “Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.” -Dalai Lama
- “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “The only real prison is fear and the only real freedom is freedom from fear.” -Aung San Suu Kyi
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.”- Maya Angelou
The determination to hustle harder every day and not just survive but conquer that day cannot be drilled in a person. You have to give yourself that push to achieve the best and then reward yourself equally. Because that feeling of accomplishment is the biggest prize you could give yourself for the hardwork.