10 Inspirational Quotes By Poorna Malavath
The biopic of Poorna Malavath, the young tribal girl who scripted history by becoming the youngest girl to scale Mount Everest, hit the theatres on Friday. The movie — Poorna: Courage Has No Limit — is garnering positive reviews from across the country. Besides doing the unthinkable at a young age of 13, Poorna has also become a youth icon.
Read on to know some of her quotes that perfectly encapsulate her incredible journey of conquering Mt. Everest:
1. I wanted to prove that girls could do anything, that social welfare students could do anything.
2. We don’t have reverse gears. The sky is the limit. That’s the motto.
3. I come from a very poor family. My father and brother are agricultural labourers who spend hours in the field trying to make ends meet. Both of them together earn Rs 3,000 every month.
4. I shall always think big and dream high. I was cared, But at that time, I remembered my parents, my teachers..
5. Climbing the Everest was certainly more difficult than I thought, but my willpower to prove that a tribal girl can do something kept me going
6. The aim of my expedition was to inspire young people and students from my kind of background.
7. I was initially afraid but the training I received helped me overcome my fear. I never thought of giving up.
8. For a tribal like me, opportunities are very rare and I was looking for one opportunity where I could prove my calibre.
9. I cannot even describe how difficult the climb was, but I was fixed on fulfilling the dreams of Secretary sir, Praveen Kumar.
10. My instructors told me that I would see dead bodies on the way to the summit. I knew every step was dangerous. I just carried on climbing.
A special screening of the film was organised recently for the reel and real life Poornas and their families. After watching the movie, the real-life Poorna told The New Indian Express, “Seeing the movie, I really broke down and I think it’s just superb, fantastic, mind-blowing and unbelievable… I remembered my journey.”
Image credits: Indiatimes.com
Charvi Is An Intern With SheThePeople.TV