Who is Mukta Barve? The Marathi actor is starring in the upcoming social drama Y, directed by Ajit Wadikar. Barve made her debut as a television actor in 1999 in Ghadlay Bighadlay and her debut in films in 2004 in Chakwa.
Mukta Barve plays the lead role in Y and is supported by actors Omkar Govardhan, Nandu Madhav, Rohit Kokate, and Prajakta Mali. Director Ajit Wadikar also served as the co-writer alongside Swapneel Sojawal. Barve said, “Y is not just a letter but a woman’s struggle to survive as a human”. The film Y’s trailer was released and the film is set to premiere on June 24.
The 43-year-old Mukta Barve has received seven Maharashtra State Film Awards. One of her awards was the Best Debut award for her role in Chakwa and six awards were for Best Actress.
Who Is Mukta Barve?
- Film, television, and theatre actor Mukta Barve has a well-established career in Marathi cinema.
- Barve began her career as an actor in the play Ghar Tighancha Asava in 1996. In 1999, she made her television debut in the show Ghadlay Bighadlay.
- She made her film debut in 2004 with the film Chakwa and her first lead role in a film was in the 2009 film Jogwa, where she played the character of Suli.
- For her role in Jogwa, won the Maharashtra State Film Award, Sanskruti Kaladarpan Award, and Marathi International Film and Theatre Award for Best Actress.
- Barve starred in the film Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai and the sequel Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai 2. She was nominated for five Best Actress awards for her role in both films.
- In 2015, she starred in the film Double Seat and won four Best Actress awards for her role. She won the Maharashtracha Favourite Kon, Zee Chitra Gaurav Puruskar, Maharashtra State Film Award, and Filmfare Marathi Award for Best Actress.
- Barve has also worked as a producer for theatre plays. In 2013, she played the lead role and served as a producer for the play Chappa Kata.
- Her 2016 play Codemantra was produced by Barve and also starred her in the lead role. Codemantra was nominated for three Best Play awards, out of which it won two of the awards.