“Tum mardon ko aisa kyun lagta hai ki har aurat ko tumhe hi bachana hai?” Anjali Mathur aka Radhika Apte’s dialogue in Scared Games won hearts with this remark. She is outspoken on-screen and in real life too. How well do you think you know Radhika Apte?
Apte has acted in Hindi films like Pad Man, Andhadhun, Badlapur, Hunterrr and Manjhi – The Mountain Man. She has gained much appreciation for shows like Sacred Games, Lust Stories and Ghoul on the OTT. She started her acting career with the film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi in 2005 while she was still in college. The role of a sex worker in the film Parched in 2016 made her face a lot of criticism. She also essayed the role of Indian-origin British spy Noor Inayat Khan in the film A Call To Spy.
As the actor celebrates her birthday today here are five interesting things to know about Radhika Apte.
- The actor who is mostly seen in Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Telugu and Malayalam films did her first lead role in a Bengali film named Antaheen. Meaning endless wait the film stars Rahul Bose, Aparna Sen, Sharmila Tagore and Mita Vashisth.
- Apte became a director with the film The Sleepwalkers which stars Shahana Goswami and Gulshan Devaiah, who also acted in Hunterr.
- Apte is actively involved with Hindi theatre. She has been part of several plays and is associated with Mohit Takalkar’s Pune-based theatre group Aasakta Kalamanch.
- She met Benedict Taylor, a British violinist and composer in 2011 in London. She had gone to learn contemporary dance and was on a year long sabbatical. They are married since 2012.
- Radhika also has ‘Mrs. Undercover’ and ‘Monica, O My Darling’ alongside Rajkummar Rao in her interesting line-up of projects.
Recently, while addressing the controversy around the nude clip that was released online from the time she was shooting Clean Shaven, she said, “I was badly trolled and it did affect me. I couldn’t step out of the house for four days”.