Unnao Rape Victim Who Was Set Ablaze Passes Away In Delhi
The nation has witnessed two horrific rape and murder cases in the last week. We are dejected and demanding justice, and the rape victims have already lost their life. While a 26-year-old vet was brutally raped and murdered in Hyderabad on November 28, a rape victim was burnt alive in the Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh on December 5, while she was on her way to the court for trial.
- A rape victim was burnt alive in Unnao on December 5, by rape accused who were out on bail.
- The victim had suffered 90 percent burns and was referred to Lucknow’s KGMU Hospital. She was later airlifted to Delhi.
- A day after she was burnt alive, she suffered a cardiac arrest and drew her last breath at around 11:40 pm on Friday.
- The young rape survivor had been attacked on Thursday morning by two – Shivam Trivedi and Shubham- accused of raping her last December.
At around 11:10 pm, the victim suffered cardiac arrest. Doctors tried to resuscitate her, but she died at around 11:40 pm. Doctors had already said that the next 24-48 hours are critical for her.
Timeline Of Incidents
The survivor had been allegedly raped by two- Shivan Trivedi and Shubham, who were put behind the bars after the victim filed a complaint. Here’s how the events unfolded:
- December 2018 – The victim was raped by one of the accused on the pretext of marrying her, she told in her statement to the magistrate.
- March 2019 – The accused were put behind the bars.
- December 2019 – The Rape Accused were out on bail and started following and threatening the woman. Victim’s family had appeared and filed complaints in the Bihar Police station in Unnao, but the police turned a blind eye to their complaints.
- December 5, 2019 – The rape victim was on her way for the trial of the rape case when she was abducted by five men – Harishankar Trivedi, Ram Kishore Trivedi, Umesh Bajpai, Shivam, and Shubham Trivedi. Also, one of these men is the son of the village pradhan
- December 5 2019 – The victim came running to the road where people assumed her to be a witch. However, she managed to get a phone and dialed 112 to inform the police about the incident.
- December 5, 2019 – She was referred to the KGMU Hospital in Lucknow where it was confirmed that she suffered 90 percent burns.
- December 5, 2019 – The victim was airlifted to Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital for treatment
- December 6, 2019- At around 11:10 pm, the victim suffered cardiac arrest. Doctors tried to resuscitate her, but she died at around 11:40 pm. Doctors had already said that the next 24-48 hours are critical for her.
The victim’s last rites will be performed today. “There’s nothing left to burn, we’ll bury the body,” the victim’s brother said.
Uttar Pradesh Cheif Minister Yogi Adityanath said that the case will be heard by a fast track court. He added that it is deeply saddening to hear about the death of the victim.
Fast Track Court to Deal With The Case
Uttar Pradesh Cheif Minister Yogi Adityanath said that the case will be heard by a fast track court. He added that it is deeply saddening to hear about the death of the victim. The woman’s body was transferred to the hospital’s forensic department where an autopsy is being conducted. The autopsy reports will be given to the police thereby.
Picture Credit: NewsX